Some turners use the serrated jaws instead of dovetail jaws in compression mode for gripping a tenon or for internal holding within a recess. They can be used for this but they are not as strong as dovetail jaws. Great for holding a candlestick, goblet, rolling pin, etc.Features:
- Serrated jaws are used for gripping end grain cylinders. They differ from dovetail jaws in that they are not tapered and have tiny gripping "serrations".
- Jaw Dimensions in the CLOSED position: Compression Mode 1 3/4"; Expansion Mode 2 3/8"
- Jaw Dimensions in the OPEN position: Compression Mode 2 5/8"; Expansion Mode 3 1/2"
- Made of steel with black oxide coating
- Only compatible with the Hurricane HTC100
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust070920