Pin jaws are for small work and have several uses. The dovetail is set away from the flat jaw surface by about 1 inch. This gives you better access to the bottom of the bowl for easier tool work while your bowl is on the lathe.Features:
- Pin jaws are used in for internal holding within a dovetail recess; the straight side can be used to hold the inside of a small box body; in compression mode, they can grip a small part like a final, or pen mandrel.
- Jaw Dimensions in the CLOSED position: Compression Mode 3/8"; 1 1/8"
- Jaw Dimensions in the OPEN position: Compression Mode 1 5/8"; 2 3/8"
- Made of steel with black oxide coating
- Only compatible with the Hurricane HTC100
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust070920