Hurricane Turning Tools 5/8" Bowl Gouge (1/2" Flute) with Side Grind made from M2 High Speed Steel with beech handle
Our Standard Series tools are made from High Speed Steel to our specifications in one of the world's largest turning tool factories and have been heat treated to give excellent performance under the rigorous demands of woodturning. They are designed for the beginning to intermediate woodturner but are also great for experienced turners that want a high quality High Speed Steel tool at an affordable price. Our Standard Series has excellent edge holding ability and will last 8X longer between sharpenings as compared to carbon steel. They come fitted into a solid beech handle of the proper length for each type of tool. In addition to the high-quality steel, Hurricane Turning Tools have extra long handles, some as long as 16 inches. We recommend CBN grinding wheels for outstanding results. Consider purchasing several of the same type and modifying the shapes/grinds to suit a variety of woodturning applications.Features:
- Bar Diameter: 5/8" | Flute Width: 1/2" with Swept Back Grind (Irish grind)
- Usable Flute Length: 8" | Handle Length: 14" | Overall Length: 24"
- Cryogenically treated M2 High Speed Steel with ash handle, painted black with silver accents; made in Sheffield, England in partnership with Crown Tools
- Used to turn the outside and inside of bowls and vessels
- Available separately or in sets
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.012020