Record Power, 16006, Herald Lathe only, without Bench Feet or Stand, 110V
This lathe from Record Power represents the culmination of many decades of expertise in the manufacture and supply of superior woodturning lathes. Developed with the help of professional woodturners and keen hobbyists, we believe we have produced a world-class machine for woodturners of all levels. Thanks to a number of innovative design solutions the capabilities, features and performance of the Herald far exceed anything a machine of this size has been capable of before - It brings top-end professional performance at a fraction of the size and cost of comparable heavy-duty machines.
Record Power has a long history of making good quality lathes right back to their Coronet roots in 1945 - around 75 years of accumulated experience and knowledge. Record Power lathes earned a strong reputation as well-engineered and robust machines.Features:
- The 1HP motor features the latest in motor technology to give huge amounts of torque, comparable to lathes over twice the size and motor rating. Instantaneous speed change is achieved using the easily accessible control panel. Reversing is also offered for sanding or left handed turning (Must be used only with suitable locking systems for chucks and accessories).
- Unlike most cast bed lathes, the headstock of the Herald can be rotated 360º, optimising access and also making it ideal for left-handed turners, who can effectively turn this machine into a fully left-handed lathe using the reverse facility of the control system. A bearing system beneath the headstock allows it to be located in popular positions. The headstock can also be moved along the lathe bed if required.
- The tool rest holder is locked in place instantly with the easy to use cam locking system.
- The 1" diameter tool rest stem helps minimise vibration, giving a smoother and easier cut.
- A 3 step pulley is provided for maximum versatility. For most turning the middle pulley is perfect and provides good torque but if you need maximum torque comparable to much larger lathes for heavy cuts or low speed work, then the bottom pulley has immense torque capability. For very small work, polishing or burnishing acrylics, the top pulley gives access to very high speeds.
- The headstock features a substantial hand wheel to turn the spindle, making fitment of headstock accessories much easier.
- Holds the spindle securely and offers a full 24 point indexing function.
- The tailstock has been designed to allow easier access to the cam lock handle at the rear. It is also profiled and open on one side for comfortable grip when sliding along the bed.
- The legs shown in the photo are not included and are sold separately.
- Maximum bowl diameter: 530 mm (21")
- Maximum between centers: 508 mm (20")
- Maximum swing over bed: 355 mm (14")
- Thread: 1 ¼” x 8 TPI
- Taper: 2 Morse taper
- Spindle speeds: 95-3890 rpm
- Motor output P2: 750 W (1 HP)
- Motor input P1: 1000 W (1.3 HP)
- Voltage: 110 V
- Weight: 48 kg (106 lbs)
- Size: W: 870 x D: 290 x H: 252 mm (W: 34¼” x D: 11½” x H: 10”)
- Legs sold separately
- Check out the PRODUCT VIDEOS tab above to watch videos related to this product
Record Power has a long and impressive history in the world of woodturning. They offer an unrivaled range of high quality machinery and accessories to cater to all levels of woodturner from the keen novice to demanding professional. Established in Sheffield, the heart of the UK's steel industry, and stretching back over 100 years, Record Power enjoys an enviable reputation for creating high quality tools through many years of experience and unparalleled knowledge in manufacturing and design.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust052122
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Coronet Herald Heavy Duty Cast Iron Electronic Variable Speed Lathe from Record Power
This lathe from Record Power represents the culmination of man...
Woodturning Masterclass on the Coronet Herald Lathe with Professional Woodturner Andrew Hall
Professional woodturner Andrew Hall provides a woodturning mas...
An Overview of the Record Power Coronet Herald Lathe
On a recent visit to Record Power, internationally renowned wo...
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
No contest! Best in its class! I'm a lefty and the Herald is so versatile it's amazing.
This lathe is amazing. There is no other lathe at this price point with the same features and quality. This lathe went together very smoothly. The head and tail stock was dead on out of the box. Legs went on without a problem, all holes lined up perfectly. I love the power this lathe has. There is plenty of speed for polishing and low-end torque at lower speeds. This lathe was well worth the wait. Customer service was outstanding for the duration of the sale. Thank you for the e-mail updates.
Two word review - nope....This lathe can be summed up in short by saying its a great value but that would not be enough. I bought this from Steve at The Wood Turning Store after having sold a PSI lathe I used for pens/bottle stoppers and a WEN lathe that was bigger. This blows both of them away. Its pricier but worth every penny. With a low speed of 95 and high of over 3600 you can do just about anything. The turning head stock which allows you to do bowl of about 22" on a 14" machine is very handy. The torque on the motor exceeds any other lathe in its class that I have used - including Jet. It does not have a self ejecting tail stock but the knock out rod just takes a tap and your changing centers. If you are looking at lathes in this class, do yourself a favor and consider this one. The value if far greater than the price once you understand what you are getting. I'm very happy with it.