Hurricane Turning Tools Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN) Grinding Wheels 8" Diameter - 1.5" Wide, 5/8" Arbor - 180 and 80 Grit 2 Pack
We would like to introduce you to the state of the art in bench grinding, Hurricane Series II Aluminum core CBN plated grinding wheels. Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN) is a man-made crystalline material which is one of the hardest materials in the world. It is just slightly below Diamond on the hardness scale. CBN grinding wheels have been used in manufacturing processes for many years and are now available for common bench grinders. CBN crystals are electroplated on to a precision aluminum grinding wheel substrate resulting in the finest grinding wheels available today. CBN wheels outperform common stone wheels in many ways.Features:
- Series II wheels are made from an aluminum core, which is lighter in weight than steel and will run smoother on all grinders
- Ideal for sharpening woodturning tools (High Speed Steel only)
- Designed for use with bench type grinders; 1800 RPM (Preferred) or 3600 RPM
- Wheel diameter does not change over time; CBN material is on the face and sides (1/4") of the wheel
- Balanced in the manufacturing process and never need "Truing" or "Dressing"
- 80 and 180 Grit Combo Pack
- They can make an inexpensive grinder perform almost as well as an industrial grinder
- Visit this page for CBN Grinding Wheels Instruction Sheet .
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust022820
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Well balanced, smooth running and what a difference they make in my tools. Remarkable. Fast service too!
Wheels are well balanced and the provided stacking washers allowed them to fit my slow speed grinder without removing the inside guards. They are very well balanced and needed no balance adjustment. Smooth and quiet operation. I picked the 1.5" since I have a sharpening jig system that can make use of the full width. I highly recommended the two-fer for your turning tools.
These are great, can't believe how it changes my turnings. Definitely recommend.