This jaws set consists of our 10" convertible plates with a set of expanson plates that take the overall diameter to 15". Our new design is made from lightweight cast aluminum for less inertia as compared to the original steel design. Cole Jaws (regardless of brand) are designed for light finishing cuts on the foot of a bowl or platter. They are NOT designed for heavy cuts, as the buttons do not provide enough holding power to keep the piece securely in place. They must be used at slow speeds (500 RPM or slower), with the tailstock live center in place and never in reverse rotation. The expansion plate MUST be scured with 12 screws and lock nuts, which are included.Features:
- Jumbo or "Cole" jaws are used for gripping the top of a bowl in compression or expansion mode, allowing you to finish the bottom of the bowl
- Jaw Plate Dimensions 14 1/2" using included expansion plates (9 1/2" with plates removed)
- Jaw Dimensions in the OPEN position: 16"
- Made of aluminium; 8 rubber bumpers included
- Only compatible with the Hurricane HTC100
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust070920