Cotton Face Mask with Filter Pocket with BFE95 Filter Material
Comfortable soft cotton face mask with filter pocket.
At this time, wearing a face mask is essential for protecting yourself and others around you. One of our suppliers offered us a well made cotton mask with a pocket to hold a filter. We tried it, and we like it very much for comfort, it is best suited adult faces (it might be too large for small faces/children.
As you can imagine, the quality of the filter material is critical, for both safety and breathing comfort. You may have noticed that some masks are very difficult to breathe through comfortably.
We have done our research and have been able to source two styles of filter material. BFE95 and Merv16
Type 1: BFE95 – Meltblown PP Face Mask Filtration Media. This is the exact material used in the fabrication of ASTM Level 1 surgical masks. We are able to buy it in bulk form, so you can cut it into sections to fit your masks (ours or a mask of your own). It has a BFE Rating of 95% and has an air flow rate which is very comfortable to breathe through. PFE >= 95% @ 0.1 micron
Type 2: Merv 16 – Similar in performance but much stiffer and heavier than the BFE95 material, this is made to MERV 16 standards which is rated to filter 1.0um to 0.3um particles.
We offer the mask sold alone, or with the BFE95 material. We also sell both the BFE95 and Merv-16 material separately if you have your own mask or need additional filters.Features:
- Cotton Mask with Filter Pocket and BFE95 Filter Material
- Reusable and washable (cold wash and air drying is recommended)
- Filters are disposable and recommended to use one per day
- Filter material: BFE95
- The thin material of the filter makes it easy and comfortable to breathe through the mask
- The BFE95 material is about 43" long which allows you to make about 7 filters for your mask
- Dimensions: 7" x 7" (mask); 5 1/2" x 43" (filter)
- Instructions and a template for inserting the filter are available here. 103020
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We have 4 of these now and like them a lot. They fit well and as comfortably as one could hope. The BFE95 material is the right stuff to stuff in a mask. Easy to breathe through. Takes a little practice to insert the filter but really isn't difficult. One tip I found is to insert a pencil inside the template when you are removing it from the mask while leaving the filter material behind. We did have one strap break. Took 5 minutes to sew it back on.