While needed for so many operations, tailstocks are often in the way when turning bowls, vessels and boxes. The normal solution: take it off and try to find a clean spot that isn’t also a trip hazard. That's the easy part. Getting a heavy tailstock back on your lathe quickly and safely can be a chore. That's why Robust invented and patented the remarkable Tilt-Away™.Features:
- Tilt-Away™ is a COMPLETE solution that gets the tailstock out of the way, stores it, and quickly repositions it - PLUS gives you added spindle turning capacity.
- For those reasons, Tilt-Away is the #1 option added to an American Beauty.
- To use it, simply slide the tailstock onto the Tilt-Away and lock it down. Release the Tilt-Away locking lever and tilt the tailstock away from you. Now the tailstock is COMPLETELY out of the way.
- With the tailstock out of the way, a second set of ways come up and aligns with the lathe bed giving you extra room for your hollowing rig and to support the sliding headstock or banjo.
- To put your tailstock back in position, simply reverse the procedure. Add a gas shock to the tailstock and make this a one finger operation.
- For those that occasionally turn from the back of the lathe, the Tilt Away is ambidextrous and can be used to place the tailstock on the front side of the lathe as well (although adding the gas shock does negate this feature).
Robust combines skillful engineering and quality materials to produce premium woodturning lathes and accessories. Designing from the turners perspective lets you concentrate on turning instead of fussing with your lathe. All Robust lathes and accessories are made in Barneveld, Wisconsin by skilled craftsmen earning a living wage.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust053020