Robust Turner's Edge 5/8" Bowl GougeFeatures:
- Flute Width: 1/2" | Bar Stock: 5/8"
- Flute Length: 8" | Overall Length: 11 1/2"
- Made from Nitrided M2 High Speed Steel
- Longer edge holding and smoother chip ejection from the polished parabolic ﬂute
- After machining, the tools are heat treated to 64 Rockwell C. The hardened tools then go through a nitriding process, increasing cutting edge hardness to 1880 Vickers (75+ Rockwell C). This treatment is diffused into the metal and will not ﬂake, peel or chip
- Nitriding reduces surface friction, improves wear resistance and significantly enhances edge holding
- Nitriding is frequently used on high speed steel cutting tools used for machining metals. Not a coating or plating, Nitriding describes a treatment wherein carbon and nitrogen are added to the base metal and form a diffused zone within the surface of the tool. This zone is up to .002″ deep
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust052620