This is the Legacy Woodturning Goncalo Alves / Tigerwood Ebony Wood Pen Blank, 3/4" x 3/4" x 5"
Goncalo Alves/Tigerwood Ebony (Astronium Graveolens) is a very hard, dense and fancy tropical wood with incredible black stripes. The wood has beautiful colors that range from red to yellow and orange. Goncalo alves wood finishes with an amazing mirror like shine, yet with an unusual variegated figure. The black stripes can be so pronounced that the wood resembles black ebony. Goncalo with a sliver of sapwood shows brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows – along with black figuring. The diverse colors and bright contrast make Goncalo Alves one of the most sought-after woods in the world. FSC® certified. The Woodturning Store only sells tropical woods from sustainable sources that are FSC® certified. We offer pen and project blanks, as well as other larger sizes. The photos shown are representative of the wood you will receive and are not of the actual piece, unless otherwise noted.Features:
- Wood Type: Goncalo Alves/Tigerwood Ebony
- Botanical Name: Astronium Graveolens
- Size: 3/4" x 3/4" x 5" Long
- Quantity: This listing is for a single pen blank
- Used for Pen Kits, Project Kits and dozens of other applications. PLEASE NOTE: One end of the pen blanks are painted a unique color for easy wood identification. (Not shown in Photo)
- Visit this page for Legacy Wood Pen Blanks Color Chart and see our Pen Blank Gallery.
- Save $$$ when you buy Multi-Packs - Shop Now!
The Legacy Woodturning brand features a full line of pen turning and project kits for the woodturner. We offer hundreds of different styles of pen kits, pencil kits and project kits. You will also find a full line of pen blanks and turning blanks made from domestic and exotics woods, acrylic and more. Legacy also offers a line of pen and project tools and accessories. If you want to create your own Legacy ... do it with Legacy Woodturning products!
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust042519