Legacy Woodturning Classic Twist Pen Kit in Gun Metal Finish
Legacy Classic Twist Pen Kits are our replica of the old style Parker™ pen from the 1920's with a twist! A very popular style that everyone loves to give and receive. This is an easy-to-turn project with just basic cuts on the lathe. The finished product is an elegant writing instrument that opens and shuts with just a quick twist. Offered in a large variety of finishes.Features:
- Finish: Gun Metal
- Type: Ballpoint Twist; Uses Parker Style Refill
- Tube Size: Two 8mm Tubes; Requires 8mm Drill Bit
- Blank Size: 5/8" x 5" (Not Included)
- This is a woodturning project; tools, drill bits, bushings, blanks are not included.
- Items you may need to complete this kit (sold separately):
- Legacy Bushings
- Legacy Pen Mill
- Legacy or Hurricane Pen Mandrel
- Legacy Pen Blank
- Hurricane CA Adhesives
- Hurricane Abrasives
- Need bushings for your pen project? Legacy Pen Bushings.
- Visit this page for Legacy Pen Kit Instructions and see our Pen Kit Gallery for more great Pen Kit ideas.
- Check out our growing selection wood and acrylic Legacy Pen Blanks.
- Save $$$ when you buy Pen Kit Multi-Packs, Shop Now!
- Want to try a new pen? Get going quickly with our Pen Kit Starter Packs !
- Upgrade your pen with Schmidt refill - Shop Now!
The Legacy Woodturning brand features a full line of pen turning and project kits for the woodturner. We offer hundreds of different styles of pen kits, pencil kits and project kits. You will also find a full line of pen blanks and turning blanks made from domestic and exotics woods, acrylic and more. Legacy also offers a line of pen and project tools and accessories. If you want to create your own Legacy ... do it with Legacy Woodturning products!121119
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I've been buying several types of kits to try out.
This pen is a little more complicated to make because of cutting a tenon for the center ring, but after that, it's pretty simple.
It uses 8mm tubes, and the twist mech is also based on the 8mm tube design.
It's a little stiff to twist because of the larger twist mech, but I don't see that as a bad thing when selling it. It feels like a nice heavy and solid pen.
The only reason I didn't get this pen 5 stars is because you have to take a center ring out of a kit and use it to size the tenon while you are turning it. This means it's in a lathe spinning at 2K RPM with sharp tools and sandpaper near it... You're going to scratch it, and hence end up using that one in your own collection.
I plan on buying more of these.
The Gun metal finish is a great finish that goes with almost anything.
Time to craft from cutting the blanks to a finished pen with 3 coats of CA polished to a shine is about 30-45 minutes.