Hurricane M2 Cryo, 3 Piece Spindle Gouge Pro Tool Set (1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" Flute)
Hurricane Turning Tools Three Piece Spindle Gouge Set made from cryogenically treated M2 High Speed Steel with ash handle
The Woodturning Store and Crown Tools UK, have partnered together to bring you the Hurricane M2 Cryo Professional Series of Woodturning tools. Hurricane M2 Cryo tools are made from Sheffield M2 High Speed Steel which have been cryogenically treated to improve wear resistance by 3X while still maintaining the superior sharpness properties of M2 steel.Features:
- Includes: 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" Spindle Gouges
- HTT-235KW, HTT-236KW, HTT-237KW
- Cryogenically treated M2 High Speed Steel with ash handle, painted black with silver accents; made in Sheffield, England in partnership with Crown Tools
- Used to create details such as beads and coves on long grain pieces
- Available separately or in sets
- 1/2" Spindle Gouge Bar Diameter: 1/2" | Width: 1/2" | Usable Tool Length: 5.5"
- 3/8" Spindle Gouge Bar Diameter: 3/8" | Width: 3/8" | Usable Tool Length: 5.5"
- 1/4" Spindle Gouge Bar Diameter: 1/4" | Width: 1/4" | Usable Tool Length: 5.5"
- Handle Length: 10" | Overall Length: 17"
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust103020
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I spent some time regrinding the tools to suit my needs. I have three 1/2" spindle gouges prior to getting these. I sharpened them up for comparison. I have a carbon steel, a hurricane hss, and a M42. I spent the days making coves and beads mostly. I used oak, cherry, black walnut and poplar. I used each tool equally. The carbon steel petered out first. The Hurricane hss held out respectably but was next to get dull. The M42 (expensive), and Hurricane cryo just kept going. In the end the cryo beat out the M42 but not by much. The cryo is the better bargain. I worked the 1/4 and 3/8" and they were fun, and I look forward to using them for smaller stuff. I found these tools to be a great value. What made me chance buying them was the cryo parting tool I bought that just goes on and on, and remains sharp. I wish I could justify buying more cryo tools. I love them. Thank you Woodturning Store!!