Hurricane Turning Tools Two Piece 1 1/2" Right and Left Side Curved Scraper Set made from High Speed Steel with Solid Beech Handles
Our Standard Series tools are made from High Speed Steel to our specifications in one of the world's largest turning tool factories and have been heat treated to give excellent performance under the rigorous demands of woodturning. They are designed for the beginning to intermediate woodturner but are also great for experienced turners that want a high quality High Speed Steel tool at an affordable price. Our Standard Series has excellent edge holding ability and will last 8X longer between sharpenings as compared to carbon steel. They come fitted into a solid beech handle of the proper length for each type of tool. In addition to the high-quality steel, Hurricane Turning Tools have extra long handles, some as long as 16 inches. Compare these tools to others that sell for two to three times the price. They ship ready for you to final sharpen. We recommend CBN grinding wheels for outstanding results. Consider purchasing several of the same type and modifying the shapes/grinds to suit a variety of woodturning applications. Hurricane tools come with a quality guarantee, such that if a tool ever breaks or fails, we will replace it. (When purchased directly from The Woodturning Store).Features:
- Includes: 1 1/2" Right Side Curved Scraper and 1 1/2" Left Side Curved Scraper
- Used to cut wood at a blunt angle. Scrapers will not produce a finish that is as good as a gouge, but are useful in many situations where cutting with a gouge would be difficult or a fine finish is not required.
- Made from High Speed Steel with solid beech handle
- Check "More info" for tool dimensions
- Available separately or in sets
- 1 1/2" Right Side Curved Scraper Width: 1 1/2" | Thickness: 3/8" | Usable Tool Length: 7"
- 1 1/2" Left Side Curved Scraper Width: 1 1/2" | Thickness: 3/8" | Usable Tool Length: 7"
- Handle Length: 16" | Overall Length: 23"
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.