Hurricane HTC125 5" Woodturning 4 Jaw Chuck Kit, w/ Dovetail Jaws. For Wood Lathes with 1 1/4" x 8 TPI Spindles
We would like to introduce you to the Hurricane HTC125 125mm (5") 4 Jaw Self Centering Woodturning Chuck. This is an outstanding quality chuck that compares to some of the "famous names" on the market. It provides a superb grip on your woodturning projects such as bowls and platters. Many optional jaw sets are available (sold separately) for various woodturning applications. This is a 5" chuck which compares in size to the Vicmarc VM120 chucks. It is recommended for full size lathes only. Please note that this chuck is the larger in size of the two Hurricane chucks. It is perfect for large bowl projects.Features:
- 5" Scroll Chuck for woodturning. Hurricane chucks are known for their great quality and practical affordability
- This 5" (125MM) chuck is made from steel with a chrome plated body. Includes Standard Dovetail Jaws, Screw, 6" Long Chuck Key, Allen Key, One threaded insert.
- includes Standard Dovetail Jaws, Screw, 6" Long Chuck Key, Allen Key for removing the chuck jaws and your choice of one threaded insert.
- The backplate is indexed in 24 positions.
- Please note that this chuck is designed for full size lathes. In our opinion, it is too large and heavy for mini/midi lathes. Check out our HTC100 4" chuck which is great for for Full / Midi / Mini lathes.
- Visit this page for Chuck Instruction Sheet .
- Visit this page for Chuck Spindle Adapter Installation Sheet .
- Looking for the right Chuck Jaws? Find them here!
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust101919