Record Power 62063, SC4 Chuck Kit with Standard Jaws and 3 1/2" Faceplate, 1" x 8 TPI Insert
The SC4 is perfect for the demanding woodturner, being capable of holding large work pieces yet possessing the precision and compactness to handle more delicate work. This model features an enclosed back with full indexing plate and has pinions driven by a long ball ended hex key to make access easy, even when large work pieces are mounted. This chuck is an insert model which means it is easily future proofed against upgrades and can be used on multiple lathes, even if they have different spindle threads. Includes 1" x 8 TPI insert.
The Record Power SC range of woodturning chucks has been developed using Record Power's extensive knowledge and experience of woodturning in conjunction with a group of highly experienced professional and hobby woodturners to bring you the ultimate in quality, versatility and value.Features:
- The SC3 and SC4 feature jaw fixings which not only fit the Record Power series of Jaws but are also fully compatible with Nova and Robert Sorby brand jaws
- Super Geared True-Lock™ technology ensures high levels of accuracy to provide smooth and solid operation
- The SC3 and SC4 are supplied with the indispensable Record Power deep wood screw. Ideal for mounting bowl blanks, this screw is held in the jaws of the chuck, giving exceptional holding power. This means a separate woodscrew chuck need not be used and the chuck can stay on the lathe, saving time and effort
- The chuck bodies are made from high tensile steel for superior strength and performance
- The improved and enlarged jaw slides give unsurpassed holding power and load bearing ability. They are made from high tensile steel, reinforced with nickel and copper and heat-treated to ensure superior strength
- The SC3 and SC4 are operated single-handedly using a key, leaving a hand free to mount the work. The SC4 key features a ball hex wrench design for multi-directional operation and ease of access
- The SC4 features a strong backing plate to protect the gear mechanism from dust. It also features 72-point indexing around the full circumference
- Includes 1" x 8 TPI RH Insert Adapter
Record Power has a long and impressive history in the world of woodturning. They offer an unrivaled range of high quality machinery and accessories to cater to all levels of woodturner from the keen novice to demanding professional. Established in Sheffield, the heart of the UK's steel industry, and stretching back over 100 years, Record Power enjoys an enviable reputation for creating high quality tools through many years of experience and unparalleled knowledge in manufacturing and design.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust092520