Record Power 60005, SC1 2" Mini Chuck Kit with 1" x 8 TPI Insert
The SC1 and SC2 are the latest additions to Record Power’s premium-quality range of woodturning chucks and jaws. They have been developed in response to the needs of professional and enthusiast woodturners who needed a high quality, accurate and dependable mini-chuck for use with small work.
The Record Power SC range of woodturning chucks has been developed using Record Power's extensive knowledge and experience of woodturning in conjunction with a group of highly experienced professional and hobby woodturners to bring you the ultimate in quality, versatility and value.Features:
- The SC1 and SC2 are the first mini-chucks on the market to offer woodturners a premium-quality solution for those who regularly turn small, intricate items - bringing the world renowned quality of the SC3 and SC4 to the mini-chuck market
- They are made on modern 3-axis CNC machinery to exacting tolerances
- The jaw carriers are made using a metal injection molding process, giving high tensile strength to these critical components, ensuring they retain their strength and holding power even when operating at the extremes of the chucks’ capabilities
- The scroll rings and pinions are made using an investment casting process to ensure high tolerances and repeatable accuracy
- A range of jaws are available which are compatible with both the SC1 and SC2. These have been developed in consultation with expert woodturners, offering maximum flexibility to deal with the majority of applications that are needed from a mini-chuck
- The SC1 works in conjunction with a separately available insert, which means it can be used across a wide variety of lathes with different thread sizes, with a simple change of insert
- It also makes a perfect partner to the SC4 chuck, as the inserts are a universal fit between both chucks
- It has a very compact 53.5 mm (2”) diameter body - giving easier access around the workpiece making it ideal for the turning of very small items
- Includes: SC1 2” Mini Chuck, 40 mm Standard Jaws, Deep Wood Screw, Chuck Key and Threaded Insert
- Includes 1" x 8 TPI RH Insert Adapter
Record Power has a long and impressive history in the world of woodturning. They offer an unrivaled range of high quality machinery and accessories to cater to all levels of woodturner from the keen novice to demanding professional. Established in Sheffield, the heart of the UK's steel industry, and stretching back over 100 years, Record Power enjoys an enviable reputation for creating high quality tools through many years of experience and unparalleled knowledge in manufacturing and design.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust092520