Record Power 17002, Envoy Lathe with Cast Iron Stand
Part of the exclusive range of Coronet lathes from Record Power, the Envoy is perfect for the woodturner who regularly needs the power, stability and capacities necessary for large scale work. Designed as a natural progression from the Coronet Herald, it is supported by large and heavy integral cast iron legs to give ample protection from vibration while turning out of balance timbers. The overall heavy-duty construction of the machine, along with the finely engineered and machined components make this lathe a pleasure to use.
Record Power has a long history of making good quality lathes right back to their Coronet roots in 1945 - around 75 years of accumulated experience and knowledge. Record Power lathes earned a strong reputation as well-engineered and robust machines.Features:
- Unlike many cast bed lathes, the headstock of the Envoy can be rotated 360º, optimising access and also making it ideal for left-handed turners. A bearing system beneath the headstock allows it to be locked at 90º to the lathe bed and it can also be moved along the bed if required.
- The self-ejecting tailstock allows for accessories to be easily and quickly removed without the need for a knockout bar. It accepts 2 Morse taper accessories, providing excellent strength and solidity.
- The control panel of the Envoy can be placed anywhere on the lathe and is secured from the rear with a strong magnet. Ideal for when turning large timbers which can limit access to the headstock-mounted fixed control panels found on many lathes.
- A 3-step pulley is provided for maximum versatility. For most turning the middle pulley is ideal and provides good torque but if you need maximum torque for heavy cuts or low speed work, then the bottom pulley has immense torque capability and the top pulley gives access to the highest speeds. For ease of use the drive belt position can be seen through the inspection window of the headstock.
- Maximum bowl diameter: 1000 mm (39”)
- Maximum between centers: 610 mm (24”)
- Maximum swing over bed: 410 mm (16”)
- Thread: 1 ¼” x 8 TPI
- Taper: 2 Morse taper
- Spindle speeds: 250 - 3800 rpm
- Motor output P2: 1.1 kW (1.5 HP)
- Motor input P1: 1.5 kW (2 HP)
- Voltage: 110 V
- Weight: 140 kg (309 lbs)
- Size: L 1435 x D 540 x H 1210 mm (L 56½” x D 21¼” x H 47½”)
Record Power has a long and impressive history in the world of woodturning. They offer an unrivaled range of high quality machinery and accessories to cater to all levels of woodturner from the keen novice to demanding professional. Established in Sheffield, the heart of the UK's steel industry, and stretching back over 100 years, Record Power enjoys an enviable reputation for creating high quality tools through many years of experience and unparalleled knowledge in manufacturing and design.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust030121
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The fit and finish of the lathe is great With all the features of this lathe its probably the last one i'll get The folks at the Woodturning store have been very helpful with the purchase