Our new design is made from lightweight cast aluminum for less inertia as compared to the original steel design. Cole Jaws (regardless of brand) are designed for light finishing cuts on the foot of a bowl or platter. They are NOT designed for heavy cuts, as the buttons do not provide enough holding power to keep the piece securely in place. They must be used at slow speeds (500 RPM or slower), with the tailstock live center in place and never in reverse rotation.Features:
- Jumbo or "Cole" jaws are used for gripping the top of a bowl in compression or expansion mode, allowing you to finish the bottom of the bowl
- Jaw Plate Dimensions 9 1/2"
- Jaw Dimensions in the OPEN position: 11"
- Made of aluminum; 8 rubber bumpers included
- Only compatible with the Hurricane HTC100. These are not compatible with the 15" Cole Jaws expansion plates<\B>
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.
⚠ WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/fact-sheets/wood-dust070920