Dovetail jaws are usually used for turning bowls and can be used in compression or expansion mode. In compression mode, they are used to grip down on a tenon. In expansion mode, they expand into a dovetail recess. They are the most popular jaws and shoFeatures:
- Large Dovetail jaws are used in compression mode for gripping a tenon or for internal holding within a dovetail recess
- Jaw Dimensions in the CLOSED position: Compression Mode 4 3/8"; Expansion Mode 5"
- Jaw Dimensions in the OPEN position: Compression Mode 6 1/4"; Expansion Mode 6 7/8"
- Made of steel with black oxide coating
- Only compatible with the Hurricane HTC125
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.