Hurricane Turning Tools Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN) Grinding Wheels 8" Diameter - 1.0" Wide, 5/8" Arbor - 80 Grit
We would like to introduce you to the state of the art in bench grinding, Hurricane Series II Aluminum core CBN plated grinding wheels. Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN) is a man-made crystalline material which is one of the hardest materials in the world. It is just slightly below Diamond on the hardness scale. CBN grinding wheels have been used in manufacturing processes for many years and are now available for common bench grinders. CBN crystals are electroplated on to a precision aluminum grinding wheel substrate resulting in the finest grinding wheels available today. CBN wheels outperform common stone wheels in many ways.Features:
- Series II wheels are made from an aluminum core, which is lighter in weight than steel and will run smoother on all grinders
- Ideal for sharpening woodturning tools (High Speed Steel only)
- Designed for use with bench type grinders; 1800 RPM (Preferred) or 3600 RPM
- Wheel diameter does not change over time; CBN material is on the face and sides (1/4") of the wheel
- Balanced in the manufacturing process and never need "Truing" or "Dressing"
- Available in coarse and fine grit
- They can make an inexpensive grinder perform almost as well as an industrial grinder
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.