Hurricane M42 Cobalt Drill Bit, 29/64", 135 Degree Split Point
We are proud to offer our professional grade, Hurricane M42 Cobalt Steel drill bits. These bits are Made in the USA from M42 Cobalt Steel to exacting tolerances which will hold an edge much longer than HSS or carbon steel. They are designed for use in tough materials such as dense hardwoods, alloy steels and acrylics. They incorporate a 135 degree split point which will start easily without a center punch and then run straight and true through your workpiece. The 135 degree split point has a shorter web as compared to 118 degree drills which means less downward force is required. Unlike brad point bits, these are easily sharpened with drill sharpening jigs and machines. Unlike standard drill bits, they will not lose their temper if “smoke” appears due to your feed or speed being too high. We offer Hurricane drill bits in standard sizes as well as the industries’ largest selection of hard to find metric drills which are often used in pen making.Features:
- M42 Cobalt Steel - 135° Split Point - 2 Flutes, 4 Cutting Edges
- Diameter: 29/64" | Overall Length: 5 5/8" | Flute Length: 4 3/16"
- Perfect for drilling in acrylic, hardwoods, and all metals
- Will start easily and will not wander; Faster cutting with less pressure; Can be easily sharpened, unlike brad point bits
- Made in the USA for Hurricane Turning Tools. Search our listings for individual bits and complete sets.
- Jobber length
- Straw Oxide Finish
Hurricane Turning Tools is a premium brand of tools and accessories meeting the needs of woodturners and woodworkers. Hurricane Tools include woodturning tools, wood lathe chucks and jaws, drill bits and Hurricane Abrasives. Hurricane products are made in the USA and throughout the world, balancing the need for both high performance and affordable products.